There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Today is our Eid, says son of a Malegaon blast accused

From Twocircles
Mumbai: Finally on Wednesday six Malegaon blast 2006 accused were released by the Arthur Road Jail authorities after completing long formalities which took nearly 11 days. A special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on 5th November had granted bail to the nine accused on a personal bond of Rs.50,000 each.
“Today is our Eid,” said Mujahid Alam, 12, son of Shabbir Masihullah, an accused released from the Arthur Road jail. He said, “Since last six years we could not meet our father, could not sit together and eat together. We all missed him a lot.”

Gulzar Azmi, Secretary legal Cell, Jamiat-ul-Ulema, addressing press confernce with the accused relased on bail
After giving thanks to Allah, Gulzar Azmi, Secretary, Legal Cell, Jamiat Ulema Hind (Arshad Madani Group) said, “We are thankful to the two persons, both of whom have died. Adv. Shahid Azmi, who fought for Justice throughout his life and Shri Hemant Karkare, who exposed the Saffron Terror groups.
He said, “Today, We pay Homage to these two great souls.”
Speaking to the media just after the release of the accused, Gulzar Azmi criticized Congress led Government in Maharashtra for their laxity. He said, “We got Justice from the Court and not from any government.”
He said, “We have won half of the battle and will fight till all of them are set free by the court.”

Maulana Hamid Azhari alongwith the members of Kul Jamaati Tanzeem of Malegaon waiting outside the jail
Gulzar Azmi also thanked Arif Nasim Khan, Minister of Minorities Affair, Maharashtra for his co-operation and the members of Kul Jamaati Tanzzeem who agitated all along during this period.
Kul Jamaati Tanzeem of Malegaon and relatives of the accused were in Mumbai since last three days awaiting their release. They all were delighted to see their kin getting out of the Jail and some of them were crying in joy.
Salman Farsi, Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan, Javed Sheikh, Farooque Ansari and Abrar Ahmed were arrested for the bomb blasts near the Hamidia Mosque in Malegaon on September 8, 2006 and have been in jail since then.

Mujahid Alam (12) on the right, son of Shabbir Masihullah
The National Investigation Agency, in its report, said that the decision to not oppose the bail application filed by the accused was taken “in light of facts and circumstances after due deliberations”.
The accused and the charges against them
1) Noor-ul-Huda (24), Labourer
Charge: Bomb planter at Hamidiya Mosque
2) Shabbir Masiullah (34), Owner of a battery shop
Charge: Conspirator
3) Raees Ahmed Rajjab Ali (35) Masiullah's brother-in-law, partner in Masiullah's battery unit Charge: Alleged Conspirator and bomb planter
4) Salman Farsi (40), Unani doctor
Charge: Conspiracy
5) Mohd Zahid (34), Imam in a mosque
Charge: Bomb planter
6) Abrar Ahmed: (40), inverter seller
Charge: conspirator and planter. He also turned approver but later retracted his confession.
7) Farog (30), Unani doctor
Charge: conspirator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.