There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 5 November 2011

Hindu extremists used two Muslims to plant bombs in Malegaon: Report

From Indian Express

The National Investigation Agency is said to have found that Hindu extremists linked to the RSS, who are suspected in the 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts, allegedly used two Muslim men to plant the bombs in and around a mosque in the textile town which killed 37 people.
While one of the two Muslim men is among the nine in custody in the case and has turned an approver, the other is believed to be dead, sources told The Indian Express. Some of these details are included in the progress report the NIA is due to submit to a MCOCA court in Mumbai tomorrow, they said.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had arrested the nine men from Malegaon and said they were linked to the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and had carried out the attack. One of them, Abrar Ahmed, had subsequently turned an approver.
The case, however, was turned on its head after Swami Aseemanand, an alleged Hindu extremist wanted in connection with the 2008 Malegaon blast, reportedly confessed late last year that Hindu extremists were also behind the 2006 Malegaon blasts and some other terror attacks around the country initially blamed on Muslim groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.